Travelers Information Center
For a long time now, KEEP has been operating the Travelers’ Information Centre (TIC). Located in the hot spot Thamel area, TIC provides free and impartial information to trekkers. Along with TIC KEEP operates green-cafe and eco-shops as a means to be financially self-sufficient.
Following are the list of services provided by TIC:
- FREE trekking information from experts on where to trek, mountain safety, and environment-friendly trekking.
- FREE trekkers logs to update information and recommendations on Major Programs of KEEP from people who have just come back from the trip.
- FREE Wi-Fi and embassy registration service.
- FREE daily videos and slide shows on key issues such as porters’ welfare.
- Eco-friendly fair-trade trekking supplies including biodegradable soaps/shampoo, refillable water bottles, water purification solutions, waterproof ‘Go-bags’ (garbage bags) and a range of maps and guidebooks.
- Safe water re-fill station – say no to disposable bottles!
- A well-equipped library
- How to leave a positive cultural impact on Nepal
|List of Travellers Information Centers operated by KEEP|
|Traveler’s Information Center||Thamel, Kathmandu||1992 - Present|
|Bardia Visitor’s Center||Bardia||1999 - 2000|
|Sermanthang Visitor's Center||Helembu, Langtang||2000 - 2003|
|Salleri Visitor's Center||Salleri - Solukhumbu||2000 - 2001|
|Pokhara Visitor's Information Center||Pokhara - Lakeside||2003 - 2005|